Me Shoib Rabbani, founder and senior attorney
Practising in corporate and commercial law, Shoib has developed a practice focused on health professionals, primarily with respect to:
- Sale and acquisition of dental clinics, pharmacies and other professional practices;
- Professional incorporations;
- Business successions;
- Corporate planning and reorganizations to maximize corporate tax-efficiency;
- Estate and retirement planning; and
- Negotiation and drafting of various corporate and commercial contracts.
Prior to founding MÉDICALOI, Shoib’s business experience included international negotiation of petroleum contracts, effecting technology transfers, managing trademark portfolios, mergers and acquisitions, helping local business expand to foreign jurisdictions located principally in the Middle East, India and China, and helping foreign corporations establish footholds in Canada. He further assisted foreign investors in due diligence procedures with respect of their search to acquire Canadian, whether by way of asset or share purchase. Shoib has worked in conjunction with various national law firms, as well as mid-sized law firms in the Province of Quebec.
In addition to his legal work, Shoib is a member of, and counsel for, various non-profit organizations such as non-profits dealing with young healthcare professionals in Quebec; furthermore, he is an accomplished speaker who guest-lectures in various venues, including universities, financial institutions, and community events.
Year Called to the Bar
- Barreau du Québec – 2009
- LL.B., Bachelor of Civil Law, Université de Montréal (2007)
- B.Sc., Bachelor of Science in Physiology, McGill University (2003)
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the Quebec Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association
- Member of the Lord Reading Law Society
- Member of the Shifaa Health Professionals Network
- Member of the Zakia Foundation